What to do if you are Worried About a Child or Young Person…

If you suspect abuse…

If you are concerned that a young person is experiencing abuse, or a young person tells you that he or she is being abused then you must take action.  It is your responsibility to report it. 

To report any concerns about a child or young person you can contact:

Children’s Social Care Tel: 01305251000
Dorset Police Tel: 01305 222222 or in an emergency telephone 999

To contact a Children’s Services Office directly, please use the following numbers:

Bournemouth 01202 458102
Bridport 01308 422234
Christchurch 01202 474106
Dorchester 01305 221450
Ferndown 01202 877445
North Dorset 01258 472652
Poole 01202 735046
Purbeck 01929 553456
Weymouth & Portland 01305 760139
Out of Hours (evenings and weekends) 01202 657279

Please visit www.dorsetlscb.co.uk for further information on safeguarding children and young people in Dorset.

If you don’t suspect abuse…

If you are worried about a young person and don’t suspect abuse but feel that you may need to work with professionals in other agencies to meet the young person’s needs then you should consider initiating a Common Assessment Framework (CAF). 

Please visit www.dorsetforyou.com/caf for further information of the Common Assessment Framework in Dorset.